Dublin Branch RMATUI
Extraordinary General Meeting
The Teachers’ Club, 36 Parnell Square
Friday, 25 February 2022
The primary purpose of this EGM is to get branch activities up and running again. The meeting will allow us to catch up, look after essential business and discuss what is planned for the year ahead.
To start we have a guest speaker followed by the EGM, afterwards we will enjoy the comfort and hospitality of the Club to relax, have a chat with old, and hopefully some new, colleagues and friends.
10:45 Guest Speaker Pat Garry
Pat is a former teacher with the CDETB. He retired after 40 in Liberties College and is now a tour guide and project facilitator with Dublin City Council Cultural Company. His talk will be about the Tenement Museum, 14 Henrietta Street, and the work of the Cultural Company.
EGM Agenda, 11:30
1. Chairperson’s welcome and opening address
2. Secretary’s report & matters arising
3. Treasurer’s report & matters arising
4. National Management Committee report
5. Priority RMA national issues
Martin Hoye, our national chairman and joint secretary of the Alliance of Retired Public Servants will be present to speak on points 4&5 and address members’ questions.
6. Election of Branch Officers (Chair-Secretary-Treasurer-Social & Cultural Officer)
7. Election of branch committee
8. Branch Priorities/Plans for 2022
Hospitality:- Tea/Coffee accompanied by sandwiches and perhaps something a little stronger to celebrate.