RMA Membership is free for the first year and only €25 per year thereafter.
Your RMA membership will assist and support the activities of the Association which include:
- working with other groups that advocate on behalf of retired workers including the Alliance of Retired Public Servants (ARPS) and the Retired Workers Committee of ICTU
- protecting our pensions and social welfare entitlements
- providing information and advice to members directly and via this website
- working with the TUI on matters that impact RMA members
- making sure that though we are no longer in the workforce, our voices are still heard and our opinions still count.
- allowing you to avail of low cost travel insurance only available to trade union members in the civil service
- providing social activities at local branches and twice yearly at different hotel locations nationally
NSSO Error (ETB/ETB & IT - Deduction at Source)
The NSSO has made an error, this year, by taking the two RMA subscription fee deduction, one on Dec. 09, 2021 and again on Dec. 23, 2021. When they were contacted regarding the error, they informed me that the system was set up for the Christmas pension payment and could not be changed. However, they have promised to refund the additional deduction of €25 in the first pension payment in January 2022
Apologies for any hardship caused by the error.
Tim O’Meara, RMA Treasurer
FitLine Volunteer Mentor Opportunity
Age & Opportunity is the national organisation that provides a range of opportunities for older people who want to get more involved in arts and culture, sport and physical activity, civic engagement and personal development.
FitLine mentor volunteers are required to provide encouragement and ideas about how older adults can do simple physical activities as part of their day to day routine to suit their own lifestyle, and to provide information about clubs, groups and facilities in their own communities. Click here for more details and how to apply.
RENEWAL OF ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP 2021/22
The annual RMA membership subscription of €25 became due on Sept 1st, 2021. For further details on how to proceed ......please click here.
If you pay the €25 annual membership fee by deduction at source or by bank standing order your membership is renewed automatically and you have to do nothing.