Welcome to the
Teachers Union of Ireland (TUI)
Retired Members Association (RMA)
Join us and be part of a vibrant association
RMATUI fully supports striking colleagues
TUI members to take strike action on Tuesday, 4th February over failure to eliminate pay discrimination
The Retired Members Association of the Teachers’ Union of Ireland fully supports the TUI members taking action on February 4th 2020. Equal pay for equal work has been enshrined in labour legislation for decades, and perhaps taken for granted by workers of our generation – now retired. The action of the Government in 2010 in targeting public Servants, including teachers, to pay for collapsing banks and the excesses of others was, and is unforgiveable. FEMPI contravened the European Charter of Human Rights, as it made no provision for any compensation for cutting pay and pensions.
Young teachers today face a multitude of challenges in their work. And because of Ministerial inaction, they must face those challenges while earning less than their more senior colleagues – and they must pay more for their pension.
I urge all RMATUI members to all they can to support the members on strike on February 4th. The least we can do is join them in solidarity on the day.
RMATUI Chairperson, on behalf of the Management Committee of RMATUI
Copy and Share link, www.rmatui.ie/strike, on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram
RMA Membership is free for the first year and only €25 per year thereafter.
Your RMA membership will assist and support the activities of the Association which include:
- working with other groups that advocate on behalf of retired workers including the Alliance of Retired Public Servants (ARPS) and the Retired Workers Committee of ICTU
- protecting our pensions and social welfare entitlements
- providing information and advice to members directly and via this website
- working with the TUI on matters that impact RMA members
- making sure that though we are no longer in the workforce, our voices are still heard and our opinions still count.
- allowing you to avail of low cost travel insurance only available to trade union members in the civil service
- providing social activities at local branches and twice yearly at different hotel locations nationally
1. Spring Break March 2020
Further details and booking form.........Read More here
2. Circular 2/18 (DFE100-002-2017)
An outline of concerns expressed, about this circular, at recent RMATUI Management Committee Meeting, September 2019..........Read more here
3. Alliance Report Presented at RMA AGM 2019
The 2018 Biennial General Meeting of the Alliance of Retired Public Servants took place in the FORSA offices on September 20th 2018. This meeting was due to take place in May, but was deferred because ........Read More