RMA Membership is free for the first year and only €25 per year thereafter.
Your RMA membership will assist and support the activities of the Association which include:
- working with other groups that advocate on behalf of retired workers including the Alliance of Retired Public Servants (ARPS) and the Retired Workers Committee of ICTU
- protecting our pensions and social welfare entitlements
- providing information and advice to members directly and via this website
- working with the TUI on matters that impact RMA members
- making sure that though we are no longer in the workforce, our voices are still heard and our opinions still count.
- allowing you to avail of low cost travel insurance only available to trade union members in the civil service
- providing social activities at local branches and twice yearly at different hotel locations nationally
RENEWAL OF ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP 2020/21
The annual RMA membership subscription of €25 became due on Sept 1st, 2020. For further details on how to proceed ......please click here.
If you pay the €25 annual membership fee by deduction at source or by bank standing order your membership is renewed automatically and you have to do nothing.
For the attention of all RMATUI Branches and Members
The deferred Spring Break to the Rose Hotel Tralee has now been cancelled. The decision to cancel was made because of the ongoing risk to or lives and health from Covid – 19, and the uncertainty about the availability of a vaccine to the general public. The Hotel will be in touch with anyone who has not already claimed their deposit, to make arrangements for its return or the option to use it for an independent break on the original dates (March 24, 25,26, 2020) or at another time. The Management Committee deeply regrets having to make this decision but hopes to resume normal activity as soon as the removal of restrictions, and the availability of a vaccine allow.
It has also been decided that our next AGM will be in the Ardilaun Hotel, Galway on May 12th 2021 (provisional).
Martin Hoye: RMATUI Chairperson
Message from the Teachers’ Union of Ireland.
To All RMA Members
Reminder- Members in need of assistance arising from the Covid-19 pandemic
If any member becomes aware of a colleague who could do with help in getting messages/medicines/ food etc during this period, Head Office have organised a network of helpers who might be of assistance.
Contact should be made directly with TUI regarding this – firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 4922588.
1. Circular 2/18 (DFE100-002-2017)
An outline of concerns expressed, about this circular, at recent RMATUI Management Committee Meeting, September 2019..........Read more here
2. Alliance Report Presented at RMA AGM 2019
The 2018 Biennial General Meeting of the Alliance of Retired Public Servants took place in the FORSA offices on September 20th 2018. This meeting was due to take place in May, but was deferred because ........Read More