The Retired Members Association of the Teachers Union of Ireland (RMA) is committed to processing all personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which came into force across the EU on 25 May 2018. This is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individual citizens of the European Union and the European Economic Area,
In order to process personal data, organisations must have a lawful reason. The lawful reasons for processing personal data are set out in Article 6 of the GDPR.
The six lawful reasons for processing personal data are:
- To carry out a contract.
- In order for an organisation to meet a legal obligation.
- Where processing the personal data is necessary to protect the vital interests of a person.
- Where processing the personal data is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
- In the legitimate interests of a company/organisation (except where those interests contradict or harm the interests or rights and freedoms of the individual)
What data does the RMA collect, how is it collected and how is it used?
* With your consent we furnish your details to the PSSC so that your RMA subscription can be deducted from your pension and paid by PSSC directly to RMA.
What are the RMA’s obligations under the GDPR?
We are obliged to ensure:
- That we process your data in a lawful, fair and transparent manner
- That we only process data in line with the stated purposes
- That we only keep the minimum amount of data which is required to undertake this purpose
- That data is accurate and up-to-date
- That data is retained in line with our data retention policy
- That data is kept in a secure manner
- That we comply with GDPR and consider data security as an integral part of our organisation
The RMA is committed to meeting these obligations.
Who can access data?
With your consent we furnish your details to
- the PSSC so that your RMA subscription can be deducted from your pension and paid by PSSC directly to RMA
- the secretary of your local TUI branch to confirm you are entitled to become a member of RMA
- RMA branch secretaries so that you can be notified of branch meetings or other information relating to RMA business
The RMA does not make members personal data available to any other third party
How long does the TUI keep data?
The RMA will keep data for as long as is necessary as part of the legitimate processing & administration of your RMA membership.
Is your data secure?
All electronic data is encrypted and is kept on secure servers.
What are my rights under GDPR?
- Under GDPR, you have the right to:
- obtain details about how data is processed by an organisation or business
- obtain copies of personal data that an organisation holds on you
- have incorrect or incomplete data corrected
- have data erased by an organisation, where, for example, the organisation has no legitimate reason for retaining the data
- obtain data from an organisation and to have that data transmitted to another organisation (Data Portability)
- object to the processing of data by an organisation in certain circumstances
- not be subject to (with some exceptions) automated decision making, including profiling.
Who should I contact about my personal data held by the TUI?
In the first instance, contact the RMA’s Data Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org