Steps to be followed by the holder of a travel pass to reserve a train seat.
Courtesy Frank Larkin (Mayo branch)
- Enter Irish Rail web site www.irishrail.ie.
- Pick your journey.
- Click on go.
- Pick a time.
- In the ‘Your Ticket Details’ section click on drop down arrow beside the word ‘adult’.
- Now click on the word ‘select’. The total fare will now show €0.00.
- Click on ‘Reserve Seat’.
- Pick as desired. (Numbers etc.)
- Click on ‘Buy Ticket’.
- In the next box – message from web page – click ‘ok’.
- Enter names and pick seats.
- Enter your email address and password. You will need to set up a pass word the first time you do this.
- Click on Login.
- Enter Banking details.
The cost of reservation is €3.00. per person per seat per journey plus €2.00 or €3.00 for use of card.
Two people on a return journey to Dublin 4 @ €3.00 = €12.00 plus €2.00 €3.00.
Total €14.00 or €15.00.
You will still need to get a train ticket at the station in the normal way.